Subject: Re: bit map graphics to tektronix 4014
To: John Maier <johnam@mail.kemper.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/03/1998 13:10:55
	On what type of machines are you running NCSA telnet?
	It might be possible to run a different connection program that
	would permit the viewing of images.

	Tektronix 4014 is a vector based protocol - as opposed to the
	normal raster based TIFF etc formats.

	If you have someone willing to try a coding project one option
	would be to get the perl libraries for maniulating gif or
	similar images, then write a perl script to read in the image and
	output vectors for each line - maybe the code in
	TEK4010ShowRectangle() from

http://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/tex/ctan/dviware/dvitovdu/unix/c/tek4010vdu.c

	might be a good start. Actually if you could get the 4105
	format docs it should be a pretty trivial task (if you're into
	programming).

		David/absolute

    -- They're only red from all the thoughts unused inside my head... --