Subject: bit map graphics to tektronix 4014
To: 'netbsd-help' <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Maier <johnam@mail.kemper.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/01/1998 08:16:12
I have 8 email stations for students, running NCSA telnet.  I am using =
pine on netbsd with great results.  However we have a number of Korean =
students who get email with letters attached as pictures!  Most often =
these are GIF or JPEG format.  There are lots of tools for converting =
bitmap graphics to almost any other format except tek 4014, or none that =
I have found.

So I turn to you.  Are there any tools to convert bitmaps to 4014 data?  =
Even if the tool didn't directly address GIF or JPEG, I could always =
convert it to any graphic format needed.  I know that 4014 is capable of =
displaying raw data, I played around with it at Datastorm, where I use =
to work.  If you're unfamiliar with NCSA telnet, it is capable of =
emulating a tek 4014.

John A. Maier
Director of Kemper MIS
johnam@kemper.org