Subject: Re: uucp stuff...?
To: Ari Rubenstein <arubenstein@staff.portal.ca>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/30/1997 19:27:09
GGGGGAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I'm SO close!!! If I don't do

        MAILER(smtp)dnl

then uucp-dom and uucp-uudom don't get defined. If I *do* include that, or
if I include the uucp-dom (and uucp-uudom) specifications directly in the
resulting sendmail.cf file, mail gets pumped into /var/spool/mqueue,
instead of being delivered to mailboxes, which would be the desired goal...

Here's my current foo.mc file:

divert(0)dnl
VERSIONID(`@(#)acheron.mc       1.0 (Mason) 08/30/1997')
OSTYPE(bsd4.4)
FEATURE(nodns)dnl
FEATURE(nocanonify)dnl
FEATURE(mailertable, hash /etc/mailertable)dnl
define(`SMART_HOST', `uucp-dom:provider')dnl       <--- provider == uplink
Cwacheron.middleboro.ma.us
MASQUERADE_AS(`acheron.middleboro.ma.us')dnl
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
MAILER(uucp)dnl

So, I'm not sure how to get mail to go into /var/mail/*. My mailertable
looks like this:

acheron.middleboro.ma.us        local

...although I'm not sure if this is correct. makemap didn't complain about
improper formatting, at any rate.

So, my current state: I can mail stuff out, and stuff can come back in, but
mail destined for users on my system goes into /var/spool/mqueue, rather
than being delivered to the appropriate mailboxes.

Thanks in advance for clues!

--
        Mason Loring Bliss    /\    mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us
      PGPKeyID: 0x25B3D5B5   /()\   awake ? sleep() : dream();