Subject: Re: top on netbsd
To: Brian H. Trammell <brian@altara.org>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/21/1997 13:18:04
Hi Brian,

You can get the latest (3.5b5 AFAIK) top at ftp.groupsys.com/pub/top.  If
you are using -current, someone posted a patch to the list a while ago
which fixes top 3.5b5 for NetBSD.  If you need it, let me know and I'll
e-mail it to you.  With the patch, I had no trouble getting 3.5b5 to
compile on i386. I believe top3.4 compiled out of the box for me (under
1.2 anyway).

Rick

On Thu, 21 Aug 1997, Brian H. Trammell wrote:

> Greetings again,
>
> I'm trying to get top for my new NetBSD/sparc install and am having
> trouble getting the only Top source I can find (ca. 1995, v3.2) to
> compile. Has anyone sucessfully run top on NetBSD, and where can I find
> the sources for it/the changes to the sources I need to make?
>
> Thanks,
>
> brian
>
> brian h. trammell                                         brian@altara.org
> the altara project                                  http://www.altara.org/
> georgia institute of technology     civil engineering system adminstration
>                               "...and i will walk through the front door."

Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                System Admin, Tech Support
Welland, Ontario, Canada                                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/