Subject: Init Freezes: Sparc Diskless Booting
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <starling@umr.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/14/1997 01:02:49
Problem:  Init freezes, won't boot
Machine:  Sun Sparcstation 1
Version:  NetBSD/sparc 1.2.1
Booting:  Diskless, via NFS off of a Linux system
Software Installed:  base.tar.gz, etc.tar.gz
User:  NetBSD newbie, but familiar with Linux & other Unices

Scenario:
The Sparc finds her IP & identity fine, gets the kernel, boots it, gets
init, runs it but then freezes.  I've tried replacing init with a fresh
copy, no go.  Not sure what else to try...

Does anyone know of a fix?
Can anyone suggest good places to start looking & poking at?

Any suggestions would be appreciated... I'm about to break down and buy
SunOS, but I've come too far to give up now.

thanks,
chris starling
starling@umr.edu