Subject: Re: NetBSD on a Pentium?
To: Admin <Admin@wizzard.tiac.net>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/13/1997 15:45:39
	NetBSD/i386 runs on any i386 or better machine (A pentium is
	definitely considered better :)

	8MB is a little tight for large compiles or running X, but it
	should be usable. (It depends on what you are used to, compared
	to an 8MB macII it'll be fast enough to need a seat belt :)

	I'd suggest 200MB for a workable system with X11 - I have a 486
	laptop with a 320MB drive split 200/120 between NetBSD & Microsob.

	Running on a Win95 compressed drive is probably not on - you'd
	want to repartition, or buy an extra drive.

		David/abs

  -- "Its hard to say it... I hate to say it... but its probably me..." --