Subject: Backup possibilities
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allan E. Strand <astrand@trillium.NMSU.Edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/01/1997 10:00:57
Hi all,

I'm currently running 1.2.1 on a P133 with an adaptec scsi controller
and a 2gig disk.

At the end of the fall I'm moving into another job situation.  This
computer will travel with me.  In addition, my new employer is
supposed to buy me another.  My idea is to treat the current box I
have as a NFS server, and NFS mount most of the stuff the new box will
need.

My concern is that in my new situation, I will not have a method for
backing data up.  I'd like to rectify this situation.  I think the
total backup space needed will probably be 3 gigs or less for a good
time to come.  Another constraint is that I would like to come in
under $500 for this piece of hardware.  Otherwise, I'm pretty
flexible.  Also, it's ok with me to use more than one
tape/disk/whatever  for the full backup, although it would be nice to
use only a single piece of media for the incrementals.

So what do y'all think?

A.
--
Allan E. Strand                Internet:   astrand@evolution.nmsu.edu