Subject: New kernel problems
To: None <NetBSD-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Sean Witham <Sean.Witham@asa.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/30/1997 11:58:54
I have a problem recompiler system related bin's such as ps. This
occured after rebulding the kernel on the i386 port. I'll list the
steps I took incase I have missed something.

cd /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf
config TEST
cd ../compile/TEST
make depend
make
cd /usr/src/include
make install
cd /usr/src/lib/libkvm
make clean && make && make install
cd /usr/src/bin/ps
make clean && make && make install

during the linking of ps a problem occours :

kvm.o: Undefined symbol `__kvm_pa2off' referenced from text segment

I take this to be a problem with libkvm but I'm too new at this to
know where to start looking and I did really expect such a problem to
occour.

the TEST config was based on the GENRICADP with some of the unused
devices removed and the NMBCLUSTERS=2048 option added. The machine has
64MB and is used mainly as an nfs server.

Any pointers on what might be wrong with the steps I took, or the
configure file and any advice on what steps I can take to tune the
kernel for use as an NFS server would be appreciated.

--Sean