Subject: Re: Kernel configuring
To: Sean Witham <Sean.Witham@asa.co.uk>
From: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/26/1997 14:05:19
Sean Witham <Sean.Witham@asa.co.uk> writes:

> Below is a chat I have had with David at the end he concludes that
> he is not sure if the lines :
> >               ahc0    at pci0 dev 5 function ?
> >               ahc1    at pci0 dev 3 function ?
>
> Will wire down the two ADAPTEC scsi controllers acording to the cards
> or the PCI slots that they are in. More details are below.

All implementations I'm aware of have a static mapping of device
numbers to slots, so yes, this will wire the unit numbers to specific
slots.

(Note that until recently there was a bug in config(8) that caused
this to not work if you had an `ahc*' before the statically configured
lines.  This is fixed in -current.)