Subject: Problems with nfsd on NetBSD 1.2.1/sparc
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG, netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/23/1997 14:18:04
	Hello fellow NetBSD users.  I have a production 1.2.1 NetBSD/Sparc
machine I set up for nfs serving to an old Microvax we have here running
Ultrix 4.2.  The NetBSD machine is an IPC with three disks striped on a
ccd, which is then exported to nfs space.
	The symptom is that when the Ultrix machine engages in heavy i/o, or
at least as heavy as it gets from an old VAX, the nfsds lock up in disk
wait in the kernel.  The  wchan for the processes is:
"143748"
the priority is -20.

The only way to unwedge these processes is to reboot.  At this point,
things start working again until the next time it happens.
	The only other clue I have, which may or may not be related, is that
during the nightly dump scripts, we see the message:
DUMP: Warning: Undefined file type 070000

	Does anyone have any suggestions?  This could be a problem.
-thanks
-Brian