Subject: Re: ttyflags for serial mouse
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Smelly T. Mod <smelly@spy.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/22/1997 15:18:31
On Sat, 19 Apr 1997, David Brownlee wrote:

> 	More hgelp might be available if you could relate what NetBSD port
> 	are you using, the type of mouse, and the application (x11 assumed
> 	:)

I didn't really want any other help besides an example line for /etc/ttys
at the time, that's why I didn't specify what port of Net I was using,
etc.  It's i386, Kingston mouse-in-a-box (very nice mouse by the
way, if only I could get it working), X11R6.3 (XF3.2A), btw.  I did
some messing around with no luck so I tried booting the WinEver95 disk
from my mom's computer and it had problems seeing the mouse also.  Sooo,
I blamed the problem on the motherboard (QDI shit, it was all I could
afford) and hacked fvwm to so I could do most of my tasks with key
bindings.  Today I called the store I bought the motehrboard from and
asked if they'd tested the UARTs before I picked the board up.  They said
they had (I trust them, I do most of my shopping there) so I'm going to
play with it some more and see if I can get anything working.  The mouse
does work, and I've tried it with a different mouse, too (a 3-button
Magic Point or something). (If you can't tell by now, the entries posted
didn't work :). Thanks though.)

I'm open to more advice if anyone has any.

Thanks, sorry for the long post.  :)

Scott

Here's what I have for my two-button Kingston in my XF86Config:
(You can assume that everything is correct in my kernel and is seen at
boot-time.)

# **********************************************************************
# Pointer section
# **********************************************************************

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "Microsoft"
    Device      "/dev/tty00"

# When using XQUEUE, comment out the above two lines, and uncomment
# the following line.

#    Protocol	"Xqueue"

# Baudrate and SampleRate are only for some Logitech mice

#    BaudRate	9600
#    SampleRate	150

# Emulate3Buttons is an option for 2-button Microsoft mice
# Emulate3Timeout is the timeout in milliseconds (default is 50ms)

    Emulate3Buttons
    Emulate3Timeout    50

# ChordMiddle is an option for some 3-button Logitech mice

#    ChordMiddle

EndSection