Subject: Re: SUN3 : X-terminal or diskless usage ?
To: Philippe MALINGE <pmal@hol.fr>
From: Paul Hollow (4Y0) <ph-a@ugrad.cs.york.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/21/1997 16:55:19
On Apr 17, 11:28pm, Philippe MALINGE wrote:
> I own two SUN3 but only one disk.
> Is it possible to use a SUN3 with NetBSD 1.2 as an X-terminal or as a
> diskless ?
> If yes how ?

If have had a Sun 3/50 running off of my netbsd box (1.1 now 1.2.1) for a
while now, and it works perfectly.  I use it as an X-terminal (it runs the
window manager and nothing else, and the netbsd box does all the processing
etc).

Check out the XKernel distribution... it was very easy to set up and get
running (you need rarpd, tftpd, and nfsd running).

See ftp://sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk/computing/graphics/systems/X11-addons/Xkernel
for the Xkernel distribution.  If you need any help setting it up, let me
know.

Paul Hollow

--

  _   _ ___  ph-a @ cs.york.ac.uk      |     There's no such thing