Subject: Re: Two network cards
To: Leone Marco <mleone@neomedia.it>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@cam.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/21/1997 12:26:39
Leone Marco wrote:

> a local net in two subnet.
>
> I've solved the irq and i/o address conflict, but the kernel doesn't
> seem to recognize the card.
>
> What shall I do to let the kernel see the second card?

Have you got both ethernet cards configured in your kernel config file
in the same way you have set the jumpers on your card? Extract from mine:

ed0     at isa? port 0x300 iomem 0xd0000 irq 10 # WD/SMC, 3C503, and NE[12]000
ed1     at isa? port 0x340 iomem 0xd8000 irq  2 #   ethernet cards

When I first tried this I had a mysterious unknown irq conflict with
11, still don't know from what. irq 2 in the above is detected as irq 9.

Hope this helps,

 Patrick