Subject: Re: ttyflags for serial mouse
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Smelly T. Mod <smelly@spy.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/19/1997 23:18:59
On Sun, 20 Apr 1997, Hacksaw wrote:

> tty00   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   unknown off secure local rtscts mdmbuf
>
> Works for me.
>
> Note that your line:
>
> tty00			none off local
>
> is bad because it needs to be:
>
> dev-entry  command  terminal  off/on  other flags...
>
> Lacking a terminal means it gets confused, and does nothing
> useful. You might be able to make it work by adding "unknown" between
> none and off.

Heh, I'd tried the default entry for the serial devices and had no such
luck.  I also typoed, that's why there was no `unknown' for a terminal
entry.  The `unknown' should have been in place of `none'.  I'm doing my
best to RTFM, but there's not much help for serial mice (Why the hell do
you need to run getty on it anyway?  That's what I don't get.. *shrug*).
I'll try that line and see if it works.  And yes, I *am* running ttyflags
-a.  :)

Thanks alot for the fast response.

Scott