Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.2.1?
To: Shane <sdawalt@millennium.wright.edu>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/11/1997 11:24:17
>   They definitely modified something dealing with the adaptec 2940 controller.
> The 1.2 kernel couldn't detect my new aha-2940au controller, but after I
> got the 1.2.1 boot kernel, the kernel is able to access the scsi chain now!
> But you're right, it's not listed on the web site ... I found it only by
> ftp.  I've been looking for the real list of updates, but I haven't found
> it yet.

1.2.1 is a patch release to 1.2 (so if you are running -current, you are
already ahead of 1.2.1 and "upgrading" to it would actually be
downgrading).  As for why it isn't mentioned yet, this is probably because
the official announcement hasn't been made yet (maybe one of the
portmasters hasn't finished creating the necessary distribution files).

The 1.2.1 distribution should contain the usual CHANGES file which details
the differences between it and 1.2.

I hope this clears up a few things.

Later.