Subject: ppp? packetsize
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/10/1997 00:02:43
G'day,

ipfstat returns the number of packets being matched by the
ipf.rules. My question: What is the size of those packets?

I want to use ipf in view to double check the ISP's volume charge on
my feedline. For this I have enabled the following rule:

pass in log on ppp0 proto tcp/udp from any to any

ipfstat -hi gives me the following output for this rule:

4196 pass in log on ppp0 proto tcp/udp from any to any
^^^^
   These are, AFAIK, the number of packets counted for this rule, but
   it doesn't give me the absolute size as in

   	4196 * packet-size = x bytes

Are there other packages around which may be better suited for
general accounting?

cheerio Berndt
--
Name	: Berndt Josef Wulf