Subject: Re: POP3 mail?
To: None <rmcm@paradiso.apana.org.au, netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Reilly <andrew@zeta.org.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/02/1997 18:05:47
On Wed, Apr 02, 1997 at 08:06:34AM +1000, Rex McMaster +61 03 9883-7569 wrote:

> You need a pop client - eg emacs (even better with VM) has the
> functionality. Or if you want a small client to work from cron,
> perhaps in conjunction with procmail, then popclient written by Carl
> Harris is recommended (I dont have a URL for this, but if you can't
> find it I can supply a tar-ball; it is less than 50k)

I've been using fetchmail which is "son of popclient" and
supposed to be better.  For me it has the advantage over
popclient of knowing how to send each incoming message to my
sendmail, so that mail "just works" the way it would if you
were fully connected.  Popclient just sends the messages to
stdout or a file if I remember rightly.

--
Andrew

"The steady state of disks is full."