Subject: Re: Newbie/ZIP/mkfs--again...
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <earache@loop.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/02/1997 08:46:02
Hi.......

I have read the FAQs, and I understand I need to specify the geometry-- the
question is, *HOW?*  I cannot get a dialog box to appear *at all* with the
Zip--it hangs just before the dialog is supposed to show up.  When I tried
using HDToolkit, it tells me that this device does not allow me to change
or to specify the geometry (or a whole lot of other page parameters by
which, apparently, most drives are configurable).....Is it possible that
Iomega has different types of controllers in its drives?  A problem with
mkfs (version 1.3)?  Do I need to buy a different DiskTool program?  I read
mention of mkfs version 1.4 somewhere, but could not locate
it....Arghhhh...

earache