Subject: Kernel
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Aaron <aaron@edge.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/28/1997 16:17:52
Hello I have been trying to recompile the NetBSD 1.2/i386 kernel for a
whlie now.  I just recently got it to compile but after I copied it to
/netbsd and rebooted the machine.  I loaded the kernel and all the text
was red.  It scrolled a little while identifying my hard drive,com ports,
and a few other things then all of a sudden it reboots my computer.  It
does this everytime I try to boot the new kernel.  Is there certain
options I need to define in the kernel config file?  The first time I
figured I had to define the "KERNEL_NOTCONTIG" (or something similar) and
then it recompiled fine.  Any suggestions?

Aaron