Subject: CCD more in depth ?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andreas Brusinsky <brusinsk@ibdr.inf.tu-dresden.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/27/1997 16:18:31
I was wondering about the ccd disklabel.

I can generate a ccd0 via configuring my kernel with the pseudo-device ccd 4
and do the ccdconfig ccd0 128 0 /dev/sd0f /dev/sd1f /dev/sd2f.

The disklabel that is generated as a default has not a correct value for
the default partition 'a' and has no 'c' partition.

So do I have to put a correct disklabel onto the ccd0 ?

What are the calculation suggestions for ccd's, e.g. what offsets, for
the first partition, should the borderlines be on 'cylinders' ..?

If I attempt to put a disklabel on a ccd I get a ioctl error.
What might be the reason?

        Bye   Brusi

            by           ab2@inf.tu-dresden.de

           ___/