Subject: Problems with EtherExpress PRO/10 (iy0)
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Boyns <boyns@sdsu.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/10/1997 11:21:27
I've just started using NetBSD 1.2 and I've been unable to get my
EtherExpress PRO/10 working.  At startup the card is seen as:

iy0 at isa0 port 0x240-0x24f irq 9: address 00:aa:00:c0:c6:5a, chip rev. 1, 32kB SRAM

/etc/netstart hangs for a few minutes on `ifconfig iy0 inet ...'.
Following that the iy0 interface is unusable -- packets cannot be seen
and it doesn't respond to ping requests from other systems.  Disabling
plug and play on the card doesn't seem to help.

Does anyone have a EtherExpress PRO working?

A possibly related problem occurred with a kernel I compiled that
supported both iy0 and sb0 (port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1).  The kernel would
continuously say `sbdsp_intr: not finished' whenever iy0 was UP.

My irq list:

vt0  irq 1
fdc0 irq 2
com1 irq 3