Subject: To build current
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <pappires@vortex.del.ufrj.br>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/07/1997 20:57:41
Hello,

I want to update my systems to -current but I am having a real hard
time.  The systems are one i386 and two Sun3 that currently run
1.2beta.

The problem is that I downloaded the source tree exactly as it was
in ftp.netbsd.org but I am not having success in building a new
kernel from scratch, getting lots of errors.  I noticed that it
is necessary to run some "make includes" and "other makes" in some
directories to get rid of some errors, but after two days (during
spare time) of guessing I still have no -current kernel built,
either for the i386 or for the Sun3.

Is there any approximate order I can follow to be able to build a
kernel without such time loss?  I'd love to learn, but I really
don't have enough time to it right now.

Thanks in advance.

---
	Pappires