Subject: Drive Troubles
To: 'netbsd-help@netbsd.org' <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Plummer, Adam <plummea@metamor.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/05/1997 11:33:55
I'm having some troubles with NetBSD 1.2 and my Pentium Pro.

I have a SCSI Hard drive and SCSI DAT Drive installed in this system,
both of which are Seagate.  For some reason, when I boot up with the DAT
drive powered on, NetBSD looks to the DAT drive SCSI ID as if it is the
hard drive??

My Adaptec-2940 Controller is at SCSI ID 7.  The HD is at 0 and the DAT
drive is at 1.  When the machine boots, I get the following messaes:

sd0 at scsibus0 tart 0 lin 0: <SEAGATE, ST32550n, 0019> SCSI2 0/direct
fixed
sd0: 2047MB, 3511 cyl, 11 head, 108 sec, 512 bytes/sex
ahc1:A:1: refuses WIDE negotiation  Using 8bit transfer
ahc1: board is not responding
cmd fail
probe(ahc1:1:0): time out in datain phase, SCSISIGI == 0x44
probe(ahc1:1:0): asserted ATN -device reset in message buffer
ahc1: board is not responding
cmd fail
ad1 at scsibus0 targ 1 lun 0: <, , > SCSI0 0/direct fixed
sd1: ahc1: board is not responding
ahc1: board is not responding
cmd fail
ahc1: board is not responding
cmd fail
kernel: integer divide fault trap, code=0
Stopped at      _sdattach+0xd9: divl    %esi,%eax
db>

Now, clearly, if I boot up without the DAT drive powered on, the boot-up
process is fine.  Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do?  Thanks.

/abp

--
Adam B. Plummer
Metamor Technologies, Ltd.