Subject: Ownerships on symlinks
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/30/1997 11:50:48
Hi,

I know the ownerships on symlinks don't really do anything (atleast that's
what the UNIX FAQ says), but is there any way to change them without
deleting and re-adding them?  I've got a script that runs daily, that
checks for any files not owned to a valid user.  We have a number of sym
links like that.  I was just deleting them and re-adding them, but there
has to be a better way.

Do permissions and ownerships do anything to a symlink?

Thanks,
	Rick

Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                System Admin, Tech Support
Welland, Ontario, Canada                                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/