Subject: Re: Getting 3c590 to work with NetBSD 1.2 for the 386
To: Kevin McMahon <KevinMcMahon.96@alum.mit.edu>
From: Stephane Engel <steph@darh.ensta.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/29/1997 10:07:07
Kevin McMahon said :

>I'm trying to install NetBSD on a Pentium with a 3c590 ethernet card.
>The card works with the Windows 95 installed on the disk.  The NetBSD
>kernel sees the card, assigns it ep1, and mentions the correct IRQ
>(11).  I do a ifconfig ep1 <ipaddr>, which works fine, but I can't ping
>anyone.  After a bit, it says
>"ping: sendto: Host is down".  I'm using the BNC connector on the card.
>In Windows 95, the driver says it using IRQ 11 and address 6000-601F.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you use the flag link0 link1
better to use ifconfig try /etc/hostname.ep0 it should be something like that :
$ cat /etc/hostname.ep0
inet YourHostname.YourDomain nm.nm.nm.nm bc.bc.bc.bc link0 link1
$
where nm.nm.nm.nm is your netmask and bc.bc.bc.bc is your broadcast

--
                                 Stephane ENGEL

       ----+----                 eMail : Stephane.Engel@darh.ensta.fr
          / \