Subject: Getting 3c590 to work with NetBSD 1.2 for the 386
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin McMahon <KevinMcMahon.96@alum.mit.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/28/1997 11:46:17
------------28DA3CDA2B190

I'm trying to install NetBSD on a Pentium with a 3c590 ethernet card.
The card works with the Windows 95 installed on the disk.  The NetBSD
kernel sees the card, assigns it ep1, and mentions the correct IRQ
(11).  I do a ifconfig ep1 <ipaddr>, which works fine, but I can't ping
anyone.  After a bit, it says
"ping: sendto: Host is down".  I'm using the BNC connector on the card.
In Windows 95, the driver says it using IRQ 11 and address 6000-601F.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

------------28DA3CDA2B190

<HTML><BODY>

<DT>I'm trying to install NetBSD on a Pentium with a 3c590 ethernet card.&nbsp;
The card works with the Windows 95 installed on the disk.&nbsp; The NetBSD
kernel sees the card, assigns it ep1, and mentions the correct IRQ (11).&nbsp;
I do a ifconfig ep1 &lt;ipaddr&gt;, which works fine, but I can't ping
anyone.&nbsp; After a bit, it says&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>&quot;ping: sendto: Host is down&quot;.&nbsp; I'm using the BNC&nbsp;connector
on the card.&nbsp; In Windows 95, the driver says it using IRQ&nbsp;11
and address 6000-601F.&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>Any help would be greatly appreciated.&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

</BODY>
</HTML>