Subject: installing over FreeBSD
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tim Tsai <tim@futuresouth.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/27/1997 05:34:30
  I am considering switching our half a dozen or so FreeBSD machines to
NetBSD.  These are all Pentium or Pentium Pro machines.  Is there
anything that I need to watch for?  Will this be a simple upgrade where
most of my data files will stay intact?  I booted off a NetBSD 1.2
floppy and was able to mount my existing file system, but NetBSD seems
to use ffs by default vs. ufs in FreeBSD.

  My primary reason for switching is that NetBSD seems to support what
*I* want better and it's not clear that FreeBSD will support them
anytime soon.  Are there other advantages/disadvantages on this switch?
I am not trying to start another "BSD war" thread but simply wish to
make an informed decision.

  Thanks,

  Tim