Subject: Re: How to install ide CD-ROM
To: Hacksaw <hacksaw@user1.channel1.com>
From: Jonathan Marsden <Jonathan@XC.Org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/24/1997 12:13:04
On 22 Jan 1997, hacksaw@user1.channel1.com writes:

>> I received the ATAPI driver from an FTP site. But I didn't notice any
>> instructions on how to add device drivers. It would be excellent if you
>> know where I can obtain some literature on how to install the driver.

> Well, as specific as I was about the ftp site is about as specific as
> I can get about the building process...

I sent a msg with hwo far I got to this user in private email.  I'm
seeing 'bogus IRQ' panics if the CDROM is on the secondary IDE port.
The author of the code had that problem and ascribes it to his "buugy
motherboard"... now I'm wondering if it is something else?

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Marsden   | Internet: jonathan@xc.org  | Making electronic
1849 N. Wabash Ave.| Phone: +1 (909) 794 1151   | communications work