Subject: Problems with XFree86 on NetBSD1.2
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG, netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Joel Reicher <void@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/23/1997 14:17:13
Apologies for not being sure which mailing list this is most appropriate
for.

Does anyone running NetBSD 1.2 and XFree86 3.2 run xsm and/or the
aperture driver successfully? They are two separate problems for me. The
aperture driver causes a kernel panic when being linked in (sorry for the
lack of debug info) and xsm core dumps when I try to run it, and appears
to be referencing memory address 0x0 when it dies. Has this
happened to anyone else?

I am running NetBSD 1.2 on a 486-DX4 100. Everything else runs quite
happily. The kernel is one I have compiled, not a stripped install
kernel.

	- Joel