Subject: Re: How to install ide CD-ROM
To: None <golding@alpha.fdu.edu>
From: Hacksaw <hacksaw@user1.channel1.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/22/1997 21:04:38
>I received the ATAPI driver from an FTP site. But I didn't notice any
>instructions on how to add device drivers. It would be excellent if you
>know where I can obtain some literature on how to install the driver.
>Also, I would like to thank you and the other people who help me so far
>in learning Netbsd and system administration.

Well, as specific as I was about the ftp site is about as specific as
I can get about the building process...

Basically you need to put the code into an appropriate place in your
kernel source, add mentions into the appropriate files (defining the
device number, etc.) and then build a new kernel, having added an
appropriate line to your config.

This assumes you have built a kernel or two, and have looked around at
the code...

I haven't done it yet myself, because I have only recently been able
to afford such an addition to my box (I started work at BBN on
Monday...)

Good luck. Take a look for a web page, I think there is one... Start
at www.netbsd.org
--
Hacksaw