Subject: Re: ppp on parallel port
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul M. Newhouse <newhouse@pimin.diac.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/10/1997 23:39:08
Thanks to all who responded.

As soon as I mentioned LapLink everyone new what I was talking about.
Belkin makes a cable called "Direct PC Connection" which is what I
picked up.

Apparently, NetBSD does NOT support using lpt<n> for anything but
printers.  If I had a more basic understanding of how the parallel
port operated I might take a stab at writing a device driver for it.

Any pointers on the details of the parallel port operation?
I know it's, "really simple stuff" but, all I've ever done with a
parallel port is jam a printer cable on it and forgotten about it.

Thanks again,
Paul
----
    If you don't have source code, it's firmware.
    Never trust software with a version number ending in ".0".
       -Dave Tweeten (Numerical Aerodynamic Simulation Facility)