Subject: I can't figure it out: ld problem
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hacksaw <hacksaw@user1.channel1.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/23/1996 05:16:54
I am trying to make xopps. I am down to the link. Here's what I get:

gcc -o xopps -O2 -fpic activity.o beware.o bitmaps.o chart.o chdate.o color.o dialog.o drawing.o dynarray.o event.o export.o fileio.o filemenu.o gr_plot.o help.o hline.o image.o internals.o level.o line.o main.o marker.o menu_calls.o message.o mover.o mxutil.o object.o page.o pline.o plot.o print.o rectlist.o sactivity.o selectfile.o sequence.o shellmgmt.o slip.o status.o symbol.o text.o utc.o util.o        -L/usr/local/lib -lXm -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXt -lX11
ld: -lXm: no match
make: *** [xopps] Error 1

I don't get it. Xm (being, in this case, lesstif) is in
/usr/local/lib, as are many other libs which have worked in the past.
Xm is also mentioned in ld.so.hints, correctly.

I have tried every arrangement of the -L params, including coloned
together, like -L/usr/local/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib.

I have also tried it using just ld.

Other things compile happily.

I am so confused...
--