Subject: Re: ed* problems on i386 EISA box
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Hollow (4Y0) <ph-a@ugrad.cs.york.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/20/1996 12:08:59
On Dec 18,  4:21pm, David Christiansen wrote:
> Subject: ed* problems on i386 EISA box
>
> 	ed0: length does not match next packet pointer
> 	ed0: len 0074 nlen 0174 start 0c first 1b curr 1d next 1d stop 40
>
> 	This message started appearing after I rebuilt my kernel for 1.2.  The
> card in question is an SMC WD8013 EPC.

I have also just encountered a similar problem.  I am still using 1.1, but have
recently had to change my network card.  Previously, i was using a Kingston
KNE2000LC card, but i had to replace that with a new NE2000 compatible card
which is a cheap (non-descript) card.  Since installing the new card, my Sun
3/50 refuses to boot off of the NetBSD box, and i get numerous errors similar
to the above one on the console.

The software setup has not changed at all, and all worked fine under the old
Kingston card.  The only thing to have changed is the network card itself (and
all its diagnostics are fine when i run the DOS setup software that came with
it).

Any ideas?

Paul

PS - one of the error msgs also suggests that the cards NIC memory is corrupt,
although the DOS diagnostics pass it...

--

  _   _ ___  ph-a @ cs.york.ac.uk      |     There's no such thing
 I I_I I _ \ hollow @ bcs.org.uk       |     as gravity...