Subject: netbsd sparc 1.2 mountd
To: netbsd-help <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Deker <deker@digex.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/16/1996 09:56:17
I'm having some trouble with mountd on my 4/300. I'm trying to set up some
exports for use by a machine which netboots, and here's what I'm running
into:

/etc/exports:
-------------
/export/os/SunOS/sun3/usr       -alldirs lestat.vampire.org
/export/lestat -maproot=root -alldirs lestat.vampire.org

and when I SIGHUP mountd, I get the following on the console:

Dec 16 09:42:08 nosferatu mountd[374]: Could not remount /export/lestat:
Invalid argument
Dec 16 09:42:08 nosferatu mountd[374]: Bad exports list line
/export/lestat -maproot

any ideas? This was just the latest incarnation of /etc/exports. I tried
not using the -alldirs option and exporting each needed filesystem
seperately, at which point it looks like:

/etc/exports:
-------------
/export/os/SunOS/sun3/usr       -alldirs lestat.vampire.org
/export/lestat/root     -maproot=root lestat.vampire.org
/export/lestat/swap     -maproot=root lestat.vampire.org

this generates the following on the console:

Dec 16 09:45:23 nosferatu mountd[374]: Can't change attributes for
/export/lestat/swap.
Dec 16 09:45:23 nosferatu mountd[374]: Bad exports list line
/export/lestat/swap
        -maproot

but has the interesting side effect of mounting one filesystem (always
/export/lestat/root. It just won't export /export/lestat/swap) :

nosferatu# showmount -e localhost
Exports list on localhost:
/export/os/SunOS/sun3/usr          lestat.vampire.org
/export/lestat/root                lestat.vampire.org

thanks in advance..

rob

"Off the keyboard, through the CPU, | deker@digex.net
out the transceiver, down the rj45  | Systems Engineer
line, across the router, through    |
the Hub, out the gateway.           |
        Nothing but net."           |