Subject: Re: ASUS SCSI and Adaptek
To: D. Jay Newman <jay@sprucegrove.com>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/16/1996 11:00:48
On Sun, 15 Dec 1996, D. Jay Newman wrote:

> This is for the i386 port.
>
> I am constructing a system based on an ASUS motherboard, and I would like
> two scsi adaptors (one for the UW drives, and one for the tape backup
> unit).
>
> Is it possible to construct a kernel with two scsi adaptors, and if so, is

	"Fer sure" - providing you avoid io & dma conflicts you should be
	able to pack in more than two.

> it possible to make the Adaptec board the boot device, rather than the
> ASUS board?

	My guess is you should be able to do this by the ordering the
	devices in your config file, or in dev/pci/files.pci, but I'm
	sure someone who has done this can correct me if necessary!

		David/abs	david@{mono.org,southern.com,mhm-internet.com}

System Manager: Southern Studios Ltd, PO Box 59, London N22 1AR.
Satisfied User: NetBSD, free Un*x {i386,sparc,mac68k,+more} 'www.netbsd.org'.
  System Admin: MHM Internet, 14 Barley Mow Passage, Chiswick, London W4 4PH.
         SysOP: Monochrome, Largest UK Internet BBS - 'telnet mono.org'.