Subject: Re: DLT's
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@plexus.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/13/1996 18:48:19
On Fri, 13 Dec 1996 18:55:37 -0600 (CST)
 Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM> wrote:

 > > The web pages state that the i386 ports supports most SCSI tape
 > > drives. I hope this includes DLT's. Can anyone confirm what the
 > > situation is ?
 >
 > I can't help you here.

DLTs _should_ work.  I seem to recall hearing stories of using them
under NetBSD.  "A SCSI tape is a SCSI tape."  (Or, that's the theory,
anyhow :-)

 > > Another realted question is the limitations of scsi controler support.
 > > I seem to remember it said that the i386 port only supported one
 > > SCSI interface  at a time.
 >
 > That's not a limitation, in the general case, and and neither has it been
 > in recent memory.  (The only thing I'm aware of is a conflict between
 > Adaptec and BusLogic controllers in GENERIC kernels, but that might even
 > be resolved by now.)

I have personally used more than one SCSI controller in a NetBSD/i386
system.  It works fine, and boy, was the striped disk fast :-)