Subject: Fresco vs. vm
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hacksaw <hacksaw@user1.channel1.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/13/1996 07:27:16
I am trying to compile Fresco, and it definately isn't curing my
thirst. Oh, wait, that's Fresca...

Anyway, I have got bits of it compiled, and now I am into the meat of
the thing, the ../../Fresco/defs directory, at the applic.cxx
file. And supposedly I am running out of memory?

Funny thing is it never once swapped. I had systat swap 1 running, and
it never changed, except to flicker the load average a bit.

Is there something weird with vm? Is it something I can fix
semi-easily?

Here's my setup:

P90, 40M RAM, 48 Meg Swap partition, Running NetBSD1.2 and XFree863.2,
or not. It fails both in and out of X, with no difference in
performance or where it fails.
--
Hacksaw