Subject: Re: Installation problems
To: DONVAN <golding@alpha.fdu.edu>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/10/1996 16:13:32
On Tue, 10 Dec 1996, DONVAN wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm having a bit of trouble installing NetBSD 1.2 for the i386. At one
> time my problem dealt with the IDE HD and Phoenix BIOS, but I replaced
> the HD (including controller) with a SCSI. Now my problem is when the
> NetBSD installation script is running some commands( specifically the
> newfs command), I receive errors saying:
> 	fd0a: soft error writing fsbn 56 of 56-63
> 	                              64 of 64-71
> 					"   "
> 					"   "
> 	fd0a: hard error writing fsbn " of  " -  "
> If anyone out there know of my problem, please write me back.

	Have you tried recreating the install floppies. It sounds like
	you either have an error on one of them or another problem with
	your floppy drive.

		David/abs	david@{mono.org,southern.com,mhm-internet.com}

System Manager: Southern Studios Ltd, PO Box 59, London N22 1AR.
Satisfied User: NetBSD, free Un*x {i386,sparc,mac68k,+more} 'www.netbsd.org'.
  System Admin: MHM Internet, 14 Barley Mow Passage, Chiswick, London W4 4PH.
         SysOP: Monochrome, Largest UK Internet BBS - 'telnet mono.org'.