Subject: Re: RPM very slow... Linux annoys...
To: Hacksaw <hacksaw@user1.channel1.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@fwi.uva.nl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/09/1996 21:40:08
Quoting Hacksaw,

> gerbils:/emul/linux/sbin
> ROOT> ./ldconfig
> Bad system call (core dumped)

> I can't seem to look at it with gdb, so I am getting down a complete
> version...

First the obvious question.. you did compile the kernel with COMPAT_LINUX,
right? (I assume you have). If you did, and you're going to be running
static ELF binaries, remove COMPAT_SVR4 so that it doesn't clash. Also,
apply the patch (though that won't help the SIGSYS).

If you have done all of the above, and it still doesn't work, add
the KTRACE option to your kernel and use ktrace+kdump to see what's
going on (or just mail the kdump output to me).

- Frank