Subject: Re: mb_tab
To: Sean Witham <Sean.Witham@asa.co.uk>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/07/1996 17:49:55
On Thu, 5 Dec 1996 13:27:23 +0000 (GMT)
 Sean Witham <Sean.Witham@asa.co.uk> wrote:

 > can anyone help passing on documentation about the mb_tab ?

mb_map :-)

 > I couldn't find anything about it in the online manual pages.
 > It appears to be related in some ways to networking as all
 > TCP/IP response from a hosts stoped when an error occured
 > on the console stating that the mb_tab was full.

If you're running a -current system, you can read the options(4)
manual page.

In any case, you can increase the size of mb_map with the
NMBCLUSTERS kernel option.  Set it like:

options		NMBCLUSTERS=xxx

...in your kernel config file, and rebuild your kernel.  "xxx" is some
number, larger than the default, which can be found in <machine/param.h>