Subject: X- Window System server
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dwight Pollock <dpollock@cts.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/07/1996 15:43:06
I have been fighting getting an X server running on my A4000/40.  I am r=
unning
NetBSD 1.1 and trying to get fvwm95-2.0.41e to run.  If I run startx the=
n it
says that fvwm can't open the display if I just run "xinit -- XDaniver -=
depth
8: 0" then everything looks great only I cannot use the mouse or the key=
board
and have to CAA to reboot.  The machine is still running but I can't tal=
k to
it.  I don't have a .Xdefault file and don't know what it should even lo=
ok
like.  I have read every FAQ and have purchased at least $200 worth of b=
ooks
trying to get this beast running.  I am at least of average intelligence=
 but I
am now lost. :(  I don't want to beg but if I must beg "HELP ME PLEASE" =
:) =20

--=20
Dwight Pollock
dpollock@cts.com