Subject: Re: Should I be worried? swap_pager_clean: clean of page xxxxxx failed
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG, jkokko@cc.hut.fi>
From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/06/1996 17:11:02
> swap_pager_clean: clean of page 125c000 failed
>
> Should I worry about these messages?
>
> I am running NetBSD/sun3-1.2, and recently moved my swap to a newer
> disk because I was afraid of the noise the other disk was making :-)
> (I moved everything else important away from there too).

This was a problem on a number of ports caused by a bogus check to see if
a disk write operation would overwrite the disklabel. The bug would be
triggered if you have zero-sized `a' partition and some other partition
(say, used for swap) located at the start of the disk.

Fixed in -current (for the sun3 in any case).

-pk