Subject: I can't use talk(1)
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Heron GALLEGOS <gallegos@polaris.cred.uadec.mx>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/04/1996 16:48:00
Help!
The talk(1) command fails in my new NetBSD 1.2

My talkd(8) don't send the ANNOUNCE message

/* (from /usr/include/protocols/talkd.h)
 * (to speak to the callee specified in the message).  If the lookup
 * fails, the caller then sends an ANNOUNCE message causing the server
 * to broadcast an announcement on the callee's login ports requesting
 * contact.  When the callee responds, the local server uses the
 * recorded invitation to respond with the appropriate rendezvous
 * address and the caller and callee client programs establish a
 * stream connection through which the conversation takes place.
 */

It just sends the following lines to /var/log/messages

Nov 25 16:17:42 polaris talkd[166]: sendto: Address family not supported by protocol family
Nov 25 16:17:44 polaris talkd[166]: sendto: Address family not supported by protocol family
Nov 25 16:18:57 polaris last message repeated 2 times

My /etc/inetd.conf
ntalk	dgram  udp wait	root	/usr/libexec/ntalkd	ntalkd

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
Heron Gallegos
CGEPI