Subject: Installation problems
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: DONVAN <golding@alpha.fdu.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/02/1996 09:50:41
Hello,

I'm having problems with the installation of NetBSD 1.2 for i386
for a NEC PowerMate V series. Receiving no errors when using
the installation procedures. But, after copying the kernel to my hard
drive("copy_kernel" command), and halting the system for a hard drive
boot I receive a "Read error" message. I made sure that the devices I'm
using is configured correctly, but still receiving the same error. Some
relevant hardware configuration information:
	Pentium 133 NEC motherboard
	IDE adapters
	IDE hard drive (1623 Mb)

Thanks,