Subject: PC Console devices, PC3 TERMCAP and ncurses
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG, port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/11/1996 21:51:49
Hi,
I recently installed ncurses 1.9.9e under NetBSD 1.2.  It works great in
vt100 or xterm mode, but doesn't work properly in pc3 mode (Default pc
terminal).  It doesn't detect the arrow key properly, and the new ncftp
(which is why I installed ncurses), can't even tell I'm hitting enter (it
scrolls through previous commands or something).  I did noticed some
differences between the pc3 termcap entry supplied with netbsd, and the
terminfo entry supplied with ncurses.

Both files say that the bsdos info should be updated.  I decided to try the
pcvt console drivers instead of pccons, but I had more problems with them.
First of all, I got some failure messages on bootup (and the background text
colour changed to red).

My Question is this - are there any more up to date - pc console driver
available for NetBSD, or atleast how can I modify the ncurses info to work
properly with pccons?  I'd like to have something that supports colour as
well...

Please let me know what you can reccomend

Thanks,
        Rick
Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                System Admin, Tech Support
Welland, Ontario, Canada                                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/