Subject: Re: Problem netbooting 1.1 on sparc
To: Michael Eriksson T/D <eramer@era-t.ericsson.se>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/06/1996 10:26:19
On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, Michael Eriksson T/D wrote:

> nfs_boot: using network interface 'le0'
> nfs_boot: client_addr=0xc047148a
> nfs_boot: server_addr=0xc047148b
> nfs_boot: hostname=jerry
> panic: nfs_boot: mountd swap, error=72
>
> Errno 72 is EBADRPC, "RPC struct is bad", which is kind of strange...

What do your /etc/bootparams and /etc/exports files look like on your
server?  Where did you create the swap file?

I've seen this same error in a slightly different context (mounting root,
actually), and while I'm fairly sure the error is technically correct it
can sure confuse the human trying to debug it. :-)

--scott