Subject: Re: procfs file system
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG, jose@alexandria.net>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@kurt.tools.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/04/1996 14:42:55
> Why is it that the files ctl, mem, note, notepg and status (in particular)
> have 0 length?  The man page for mount_procfs says that the file status
> should contain a line with the process information.  Is there a "right"
> way of accessing this file that I'm ignoring?  Thanks.

Did you actually try a "cat /proc/curproc/status"?  The length of the status
line is varying, so the length given by the ls command would be misleading
anyway, and the implementor of the procfs filesystem choose to return a zero
length in the stat call. But reading the file should give you the information
anyway.  (Can't test is myself, because my implementation of procfs is quite
a bit different).

Hope it helps,
Wolfgang
--