Subject: pstat incorrect in system w/48Mb RAM (i386)
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jan Morales <morales@cs.umd.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/27/1996 16:20:38
I just upgraded my PC from 16Mb of RAM to 48Mb.  Now "pstat -s" always
reports the following:

    Device      1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Type
    /dev/sd0b       98752        4    98748     0%    Interleaved

even when I am doing things that used to bring swap usage into the
20Mb neighborhood before the upgrade.  Apart from that, the system
seems to be running great, including a noticeable effect from the new
memory.  Is this a problem with pstat or the kernel or something else?

I went through my archive of mailing list mail but didn't find an
answer.  I have appended lurid details of the machine in case they're
relevant.  Thanks for any help!

Jan

i486DX2 66MHz ISA/VLB
48Mb RAM
BT445C VLB SCSI controller
1Gb Fujitsu SCSI hard drive
Sony SCSI CD-ROM and Archice SCSI QIC-150 tape
500Mb Fujitsu IDE hard drive
3.5" floppy
#9 GXE64Pro 2Mb VRAM VLB video
NE2000-compatible network
--
Jan Morales                             Department of Computer Science
E-mail: morales@cs.umd.edu                      University of Maryland