Subject: Re: make -j
To: John M Vinopal <banshee@gabriella.abattoir.com>
From: Elmar Kolkman <kolkmae@la1.apd.dec.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/31/1996 11:09:55
Hi,

> how do i get make -j to work with the /usr/src tree?
> it hits all and then gives up any other processes - should i set it
> as an environment variable?

What is the message ? "Too many processes, can't fork" or something like
that ?

In that case I think you should try 'make -j5' and then increment that
number. With 'make -j' it tries to use as many processes as possible, but on
some smaller machines it runs out of memory or processes.

> -j

					Elmar

--
| If brevity is the soul of wit  |  kolkmae@apd.dec.com / elmar@usn.nl         |