Subject: Re: Netscape strange behaviors
To: Dante Profeta <dante@neomedia.it>
From: Jeff Thieleke <thieleke@ix.netcom.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/25/1996 18:09:31
> I've got some strange problems with Netscape bsdi (3.05b but also with
> the previous versions):
>
> 1) For every dialog window I open I get a dialog named "Netscape:
> subprocess diagnostic (stdout/stderr)", with the message "Warning:
> Actions not found: no-op".
> I'm sure the file XKeysymDB is installed and readed (otherwise I'd get
> more warnings).

The only way I found around this problem was to copy XKeysymDB to
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11, and then make a link from /usr/X11R6 to /usr/X11
(yuck).  Netscape is apparently hard coded to look for XKeysymDB in
/usr/X11/lib/x11.  But at least it solves your problem.

> 2) For every applets Java I run I get some "Netscape: Alert" dialog with
> the message: "JavaScript Error: couldn't create AppletClassLoader for
> JavaScript".
> The Java applications indeed doesen't want to work at all.
> I created a dir /usr/local/netscape/java/classes containing the file
> moz3_0.zip owned by root with 555 mod bits.

Try putting moz3_0.zip in /usr/local/lib/netscape - it works for me.

Jeff Thieleke